Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Activity (actividad)

La Familia: Who is my family? (¿Quien es mi familia?)

Draw a family tree. Make it very involved. Use as much of the family unit vocabulary if possible. (I wish I could easily post/attach the picture I have made as it would clearly explain the activity!) In each box on the tree, leave it blank for a name to be written there by the student. Below each blank box, write the relationship (dad, sister, me, grandson, etc.) to the student in this space in English. Then, read the family members and their relationship in Spanish. The student must place each family member in the tree using English only. So that the task is not trivial, instead of using the student’s actual family members names and relationships, pick fictitious names and relationships. For example, “Tú esposo es Juan.” “Tú abuela es Karla.”

No comments: