Wednesday, January 9, 2008

5 Basic Meet and Greet (conversaciones breves)

¿Hola, cómo esta? / Hi, how are you? , How are you doing?
Estoy bien. / I am fine. , I am great. , I am well.
gracias / thank you
mucho gusto / nice to meet you
igualmente / glad to meet you, too
Es un placer. / It is a pleasure.
El gusto es mío. / The pleasure is mine.
¿Qué pasa? / What’s up?
Le presento a Antonio. Te presento a Antonio. / This is my friend Antonio. , Let me introduce to you Antonio. , I want you to meet Antonio.
De nada. / You are welcome.
¿Y usted? / And you?
¿Qué tal? / How’s it going?
por favor / please
con permiso / excuse me
muchas gracias / thank you very much
no mucho / not much
¿Habla inglés? / Do you speak English?
Necesito salir. / I need to leave.
¿Adonde va? / Where are you going?


A basic conversation (una conversación básica)

Maybe a conversation you can practice having with your student. Or if you have two or more students, they can practice with each other in front of your guidance.

Good afternoon, sir. My name is Antonio. Nice to meet you. What is your name? My name is Franki. It’s a pleasure. The pleasure is mine. This is my friend Marcos. Nice to meet you. How are you doing, Marcos? I am well. Thank you. Where are you from? I am from Mexico. Do you speak English? Yes. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have one brother. Do you have a wife? No. I am single. Do you have children? I do not have children. Excuse me. I need to leave. See you later. Goodbye.

No comments: